At Pilates am Platz, we work with the Pilates Reformer, the Tower and the Wundachair. Working with the Pilates equipment has the same foundation as Pilates Matwork, but it allows an even more precise recruitment and isolation of specific muscle groups. By using varied amounts of spring resistance, muscles can be strengthened and lengthened against changing loads. The ability to adjust the intensity of the work-out means that Pilates equipment work is suitable for everyone. Equipment classes can be booked in small groups of up to 6 people, or as a private one-to-one session. Each class combines a variety of exercises on all types of Pilates equipment.
The great range of exercise possibilities allows the Pilates practitioner to create a challenging and varied program, which can be tailored to the specific needs and goals of each client. It is therefore suitable for improving general fitness, supporting injury recovery, maintaining good body tone through all stages of pregnancy and for re-gaining strength after giving birth.
Training on the equipment offers:
- The creation of an individual training program, which is tailored to your exact needs
- An even more precise recruitment of isolated muscle groups
- The mobilisation of the spine and other joints
- The activation of the deep stabilising muscles in core, lower back, neck and shoulders
- To support the recovery of acute and chronic injuries
- Better breath control
- All stages of pregnancy
- Better body awareness and posture
- The return to fluid, whole-body movement
- The balance of strength and flexibility
- The centring of body, mind and spirit
Pilates classes on the equipment can be booked as group classes, or can be arranged as a one-to-one session to suit your schedule.
Please refer to our timetable for training times and online booking of group classes, alternatively, please contact me to arrange a private trial class.
“If your spine is inflexibly stiff at 30, you are old. If it is completely flexible at 60, you are young.” Joseph Pilates